Interdax is building a next generation digital asset exchange. Our team comes from top HFTs and exchanges like Nasdaq and NYSE, as well as from well known firms in the blockchain space.
In this role you will work with production services throughout their entire life cycle, from design and architecture, through implementation, deployment, and sustained operation. You will be responsible for developing the infrastructure, tools, processes, and standards that will help the Interdax platform achieve the highest levels of performance, reliability, security, and operability. This is a position for someone who is willing to become highly vested in a project that operates 24/7 and might demand many hours, but with enormous professional and financial rewards.
- Engage in and improve the SDLC of services from inception, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Work with team members to shape the architecture and implementation of new and existing systems
- Enhance reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability of the Interdax platform
- Support services before they go live through system design suggestions, development of tools/frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Automation of deployment and configuration processes
- Participate in on-call rotation for supporting the most critical systems
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and supporting complex multi-tier, services based, production systems at scale.
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including microservices, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
- Ability to effectively decompose large systems, and develop a thorough understanding of component interactions.
- Experience in development / scripting of configuration and systems management.
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Technical experience with:
- AWS / GCP Clouds
- Databases (Postgres, Redis, etc)
- Cloud-native ecosystem (Kubernetes, Envoy, Etcd, etc)
- Infra/Cloud and container orchestration with Terraform (Ansible, Rancher or similar is a plus)
- High-performance messaging (ZMQ, NATS, Pulsar, or similar)
- Monitoring, logging and visualisation (ELK, Grafana, Prometheus)
- BS, MS or PhD in CS or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- An interest in financial markets and cryptocurrencies.
- Experience with High Performance Computing in a financial institution
Compensation and perks
- Competitive salary ($160-$250k/year)
- Profit sharing (0.25%-0.5%)
- Flexible work hours
Unlimited vacation policy